Hey I’m back! I know I should have blogged more but I’ve been chin wagging on Twitter. You can follow me there at #AndyMalone for all my latest news 🙂
Anyway I’m back. I must say I like the new look Office 365 (Wave 15) the customer preview site is now up at http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/en/whats-new and is very cool. It seems that there are now even more offerings on the platform including options for individuals as well as small businesses and large enterprise customers. As well as snazzy new versions of Office, users will also get the preview of SharePoint, Exchange and Lync. Also included in the new Admin Centre are improved security features such as Rights management Services which can protect your important documents from prying eyes. Anyway don’t take my word for it, try it out today.
Here’s the scoop from Microsoft
Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices
- Access what matters from the start with a fast and fluid interface that puts your most-important documents, applications and people right up front
- Discover new and better ways to create, edit, and browse—using a keyboard, pen, or touchscreen.
Your documents and settings roam with you with Office in the cloud
- Sign in to your account and your Office applications, documents, and personal settings are right there, just the way you left them.
- Save your work online in SkyDrive or SharePoint where it’s easy to access, edit, and share on the go.
Keep your social networks and contacts well connected in Office
- View multiple email accounts, Facebook updates, and LinkedIn feeds all in one place with Outlook.
- Get ongoing updates on specific documents, sites and people delivered to your activity feed and stay connected in real-time by chatting with co-workers right within Office.
Discover better ways to create, read and share documents
- Capture and organize all kinds of information in OneNote—notes, pictures, web pages, voice memos, and other media—and easily share them with others.
- View Word documents in the new Read mode for a clear, focused, and easy-to-navigate reading experience on large and small screens.
- With your documents saved online in SkyDrive or SharePoint, you can review and edit simultaneously with others, with the latest changes and comments accessible to the group*.
Talk with family, co-workers, and friends virtually anywhere
- Coming soon, with the full release, talk to anyone using Skype, including 60 minutes of free international calls every month to landlines in over 40 countries and to cell phones in 7 countries. (Skype account required. Excludes special, premium and non-geographic numbers.)
- Transform meetings with presenter view and high definition video conferencing. (HD video camera required)